The FCA e-money rules require Neteller to hold customer money in trust accounts separate from its own operating funds. This means that it can pay out all customer balances at once if necessary, making it a safe method to use.
Neteller has been offering gambling transfers since July 2000. Back then, it handled payments for around 85% of the industry players. Today, it is very popular with esports betting providers.
With Neteller, depositing money should be easy, safe, and swift. Here are the steps to follow:
Log into your Neteller account. You need to provide login details used during registration. These details may be saved for easier logins, but only do this on personal and safe devices.
Select 'Money In.' This will give you a list of payment options. Click on your preferred method.
Enter the amount you wish to deposit in your Neteller account and click OK. The money will be deposited immediately.
Once you have money in your Neteller account, you can then use it to deposit in your betting account.
On the esports betting website, click 'Deposit.' A list of deposit options will appear. Click 'Neteller.'
The site will open a new window where you log in and select the amount to send to your betting account.
Once you have input this amount and confirmed, your betting balance is updated and deducted from Neteller. You can then use this balance to bet on your favorite games and tournaments.
The Pros of using Neteller as a deposit option on esports betting websites include:
Convenience: For a player that has been in the market for such a long time, Neteller has aged nicely. Their transactions are swift and secure. There are over 40 methods available for loading the card, among them bank, credit, and debit cards. Over 26 currencies are accepted and the transfer method is available in most countries worldwide. It really doesn't get any more convenient, does it?
Bonuses: Many betting houses reward customers with bonuses and free bets when they deposit with Neteller.
Low Transaction Costs: Costs vary from country to country and from one betting house to another. However, Neteller is among the payment methods with the lowest transaction fees.
Awesome Customer Service: The service provider's customer service is prompt and helpful. They can be accessed via live chat, email, or phone.
The cons include:
A $2,000 limit for non-VIP members when depositing through cards. The limit rises to between $5,000 and $50,000 when depositing from another Neteller account.
Varying withdrawal limits depending on the country, payment method, and currency
Only accepted currencies may be used
While these limitations do not directly affect the use of Neteller in depositing in an esports betting site, they do it indirectly by affecting how you load your Neteller account.
Esport Ranker uses strict methods to rate betting houses and the banking methods that they use. When looking at banking methods, we put them on efficiency and safety scales. We are keen to look at the following
- Accessibility - In how many countries is the method available? How many currencies are accepted? How easy is it to access and use the method (mostly online)?
- Security - What levels of security are offered for users' private information and money? Is there an SSL certificate?
- Popularity amongst betting sites - The best banking methods have great features that attract many top betting sites. A banking method that is only accepted in a handful of betting sites is a red flag.
- Safety - Can users use the banking method anonymously? How easy is it to track transactions?
- Support - How prompt and helpful is the banking method's customer support?
Neteller is one of the most popular payment methods in the esports betting industry. It has been in operation for close to two decades now, meaning most betting sites have grown with it. It has also improved its services over time. It is convenient, trusted, affordable, and available in most parts of the world. Neteller ticks all the boxes that an esports punter would want to be ticked.
A Neteller account is opened in a few simple steps on the Neteller website. It is free.
- On the site, click 'Join Now'
- Enter the required details - email, name, country, currency, and password. Then Click 'Register.' You will then receive a secure ID
- Complete the registration process by opening the confirmation email sent to you and entering the Secure ID on the page provided in the link
- Your Neteller account is now ready for use